What is a cookie?
A "cookie" is a small amount of text that is stored in your browser (such as Google's Chrome or Apple's Safari) when you browse most websites.
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, Trojan horse, worm, spam, spyware or pop-up windows. Therefore it does not pose any danger to your browsing of this website as it cannot infect your computer equipment.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank details, photographs or personal information, etc. The data they store is of a technical nature, statistics, personal preferences, personalisation of content, etc.
The web server does not associate a cookie with you as a person, but with your web browser. In fact, if you usually browse with the Chrome browser and try browsing the same website with the Firefox browser, you will see that the website does not realise that you are the same person because it is actually associating the information with the browser, not the person.
What types of cookies are there?
- Technical cookies: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when a human or an automated application is browsing, when an anonymous user and a registered user are browsing, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic website.
- Analysis cookies: These collect information on the type of browsing being carried out, the sections most used, products consulted, time of use, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: These show advertising based on your browsing, your country of origin, language, etc.
What are first-party and third-party cookies?
First-party cookies are those generated by the website you are visiting and third-party cookies are those generated by external services or providers such as Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, Google, Amazon, etc.
What cookies does this website use?
This website uses its own and third-party cookies. The following cookies are used on this website and are detailed below:
Own cookies are the following:
- Login: Login cookies allow you to log in and log out of your account on this website.
- Personalisation: Cookies help us remember which people or websites you have interacted with, so that I can show you related content.
- Preferences: Cookies allow me to remember your settings and preferences, such as your preferred language and privacy settings.
This website uses analysis services, specifically, Google Analytics to help the website analyse the use made by users of the website and improve its usability, but in no case are they associated with data that could identify the user. Google Analytics, is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc here the type of cookies used by Google.
This website is a user of the WordPress platform for supplying and hosting blogs, owned by the American company Automattic, Inc. For this purpose, the uses of such cookies by systems that are never under the control or management of the person responsible for this website, may change their function at any time, and new cookies may be introduced.
Social media cookies may be stored in your browser while you are browsing this website, for example, when you use the button to share content from this website on a social network.
Can I delete cookies?
Yes, and also block them, either generally or for a specific domain. To delete cookies from a website you should go to your browser settings and there you can search for those associated with the domain in question and delete them.